More than 1.000 releases originate from the LOFT. The recording studio at the LOFT uses the concert room with its excellent acoustics. For this reason we are able to record concerts with studio quality. For studio productions, the concert room and the foyer can be divided into three separate recording rooms, still allowing for adequat eye contact.
The large Steinway D Grand Piano is at the forefront, hence the great number of Piano CDs which have been recorded at the LOFT.
· Steinway D grand piano (preparation prohibited !) – standardtuning 442Hz
· Yamaha Conservatory C3 piano (preparation permitted) – standardtuning 442Hz
· Rhodes MKI – standardtuning 442Hz
· double bass, violin-shape, handcrafted (Diastrad Geigenbau) model Fendt Brühl 2017
· Sonor Lite Drumset
· Fender BluesDeVille 4×10 & Fender Hot Rod Deluxe guitar amps
· Gallien-Krüger bass amp with 2×10″/1×15″ speakers
· at least 8 music stand available
Additional instruments/amplifiers have to be hired at extra charge.
· microphones: Neumann, Schoeps, Brauner, AKG, Sennheiser, Electro Voice etc.
· Samplitude with RME-Raydat 36-digital Inputs/Outputs
· PreAmps/Converter 2x Audient ASP880, 1x Midas XL 48 =24 Channels
· Converter 3x RME ADI-8 DS
· Alesis HD24
· 3x Tascam DA-88 Recorder (not always attached, but available for copy purposes)
· outboard: Lexicon PCM 70/80, Quantec Yardstick, SPL Dynamaxx
· listen: KRK Exposé 7, Tannoy „Little Red Monitor“
External harddrives for copying-purposes should be formated with FAT32 or NTFS Filesystem.
HFS or HFS+ Discs via Paragon Software. Both interfaces FireWire and/or USB2+3 are welcome.
For amplification purposes without technical staff (which can be hired but cause additional costs) we offer 4 microphones (2 x AKG C1000 + 2 x Shure SM58).
The recording studio at the LOFT charges 74 € per hour, including sound engineer, exclusive material and taxes. Details should be discussed personally.
For further information, please contact
last update: 01/2017